Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Muddy Buddy - A SLAGI revival

Yesterday I registered my wife and I for the Muddy Buddy race which will be held in Los Angeles on November 2. This will be the first time my wife and I have teamed up in a race, but I'm confident that we'll both have a blast. If you've never participated in a Muddy Buddy race, you should head on over to MuddyBuddy.com and see if there is a race near you. They have 9 races throughout the United States on an annual basis. I've competed in two races in Richmond, VA and had a blast. I'll post a video tonight that we took on our first encounter with Muddy Buddy. To keep the SLAGI name alive, I've registered our team under that name. Me and my buddy Chris took 3rd in our division a few years ago and I'll see if my wife and I can take gold in our coed division.

One of the great perks of such a race is that Red Hook generally sponsors the race and they usually have a tent set up where you can get 2 or 3 free beers after the race if you participated. Let me tell you, if you've never drank a few beers right after a strenuous activity, you're in for a treat. But, you may as well plan on sleeping the rest of the afternoon. So, head on over to MuddyBuddy.com and register for the race. You better do it soon, because they are notorious for selling out pretty early.

I am/was fortunate enough to have my photo on the muddy buddy website at MuddyBuddy.com... The images appear randomly so each time you view the page there are different images in the image placeholders. Here is the photo:



Here's a scene from a past race.

No comments: