Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Newly discovered running / bike route mapping tool - runningmap.com

Today I signed up for "Stumble" because I kept seeing people sending me links to videos through "Stumble". I downloaded and installed the handy toolbar add-on for FireFox and began "Stumbling" around on the Internet. Glad I did. I ran into this little gem called runningmap.com. If you've read one of my prior posts titled "Improving the online biking community - a new website?" you'll remember that one of the things I would include in a new mapping website is a feature to show an elevation profile for the route you plot. Well, we're getting closer. In fact, runningmap.com has a plotter and an elevation tool. You gotta check it out.

Here is a map I made of one of the routes I ride sometimes. Pretty sweet, eh?


Since mapmyride.com has changed their business model, their site has become a bit busy and buggy. So, to show my appreciation to the minimalists out there, I'm going to start frequenting the runningmap.com website.

No comments: