Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Helmet Cam - Oregon Scientific Helmet Cam AT18

Another great find here. I haven't purchased this bad boy.... yet... But, let me tell you how I came across this little guy. I'm a member of a bike forum and I posed a question on there on "What to do if you're involved in a bike + car accident". I'll post more details in a bullet point list about the responses I got, but one genius idea was to have a helmet cam to record the commute. That way there's no dispute as to what happened. A lot of the people that responded had been involved in a bike accident before and there were a lot of things they wish they had done differently. Like, for instance, getting a police report and witness accounts. They all said the same thing, "If you don't get the facts there and then, its your word against everyone elses." So, that made me think that this little helmet cam (which can be attached to the handle bars) would make a whole lot of sense. The video isn't HD, but looks pretty good for what I'd need it for. And with the 2GB additional flash memory you can record over an hour of footage, which is exactly what I'd need.



It's only $99.00, plus $15.00 for the additional memory. Perfect!

No comments: