Monday, July 21, 2008

Follow Up To - How Long Do Road Bike Tires Last

5 out of 5 stars.

As promised, I now have over 500 miles on my Continental GP 4000 road bike tires and I can tell you that I am very pleased with their performance thus far. I've really put these tires through the ringer since I've had them. I've run them through potholes, crevasses, grates, glass, metal and in attempts to avoid accidents, I've slammed on the brakes and had to slide them against the pavement. The outcome? You can't even tell it. to look at the tires one would conclude that I take great care to avoid any rough roads. They have very low rolling resistance and great cornering ability for my needs.

I'm sure I can easily get 4000 miles out of these tires. Maybe more.

I also feel I should mention that those times I had to slam on my brakes and ended up "sliding" my rear tire across the pavement, I was sure I would end up with a flat spot or a large scuff on the tire, but to my surprise there were no traces.

No comments: